Wednesday, August 22, 2007

"The Holy Quran"

The Holy Quran is set with the most beautiful words you could possibly ever hear. It is the Word of Allah, and thats a miracle by itself. People around the world memorize for the sake of Allah.

When i was back in my country, children memorized the quran by the age of 10. I was in surah Ankaboot by the age of 8, and Mashallah I knew my quran very well. I was one of the best in my class. When i was the beginning of Surah Ankaboot, thats when everything crashed. We moved to Egypt for a better life, i guess. I didn't have a quran teacher for a while, and i forgot everything i learned back in my country. My Uncle finally taught us again, and we started memorizing from the beginning. By the time, we were in second Juz, we moved to the United States, and Booom, We forgot again. My mom doesn't know the quran, so we always had to look for a quran teacher... and Man we couldn't find anyone.

As you grow older, It becomes harder to memorize the quran. Now, we live in New york, and we go to Quran Classes every weekend. It is not the same as it was back at home. It was easier then. Now , I take hours to memorize a couple of ayahs. I blame Tv for the cause of everything.
Now that I am 17, I realize more things. I am trying to shorten my time on Television, and learn back everything i forgot inshallah.

It takes Time, and Patience. May Allah Help me. Amiin,

May Allah Help all of us inshallah.

My new goal is to memorize 1 surah each week. Please Pray me . Thnk you ^_^

No comments: